Monday, March 06, 2006

My Very Late Chinese New Year Post...

Okie...
I know Chinese New Year is like, over for what 8 months??
But I haven't even put up my post on how I celebrated my CNY!!!
I have actually finished typing out the post, and was waiting for my DEAR eldest cousin to faster upload the pictures before I can complete it...

But Noooo... She says she is busy!!! What!!!
Lazy lar YOU!!!

So anyway, still incomplete without the pictures, but nevermind, you all came here to read and not look at my wonderful being right??
But don't worry, still got pictures from my youngest uncle's digicam... So got colourful pictures for you people to enjoy...

Heehee... Bear in mind this was written on the first few days of CNY...
Maybe very outdated...
Aiyah, who cares...

On 31/1/06...

int main {void}
{

Yea~
Chinese New Year is HERE!!!

I know many of you would have received greetings of HCNY a lot of times...
Well, here's another one... I think many of you will like it...

"Yeah people, have a very Merry Chinese Cute Little Doggie New Year, and may those of you who haven't got married get many many Ang Pows, and those who got married have many many children so that you can errm minimised your loss, and those who either married but no children or married but only got one kid, well let's just hope you strike 4-D this year... Wahahahahaha..."


I like CNY...
Cos this is one of the few times where the entire Tan family gather together to eat, talk cock, majong, gamble, talk some more, update themselves, aiyah just gather and embraced the warmth and closeness of the family...
(for my brother, it is Xbox time...)

This year, instead of having our usual gathering at my granny's house, we have it at my youngest uncle house, cos my granny sold her house le, and had moved from Tampines to Bt. Batok!!!
Means no more one hour MRT journey to her house anymore!!!
Unfortunately, the house wasn't ready yet, so my granny come to live with us for the time being, while my eldest cousin, aunts moved to live with my uncle...

One good thing about this, my uncle can drive my family there... (No more one hour MRT journey!!! Shiok shiok!!!)
Bad thing is that I kinda missed the old house, cos it is a very nice house, and I think my granny's side family dunno how to go to my uncle house, so fewer ang pow this year...
Heeheehee... No lar, it's becos the old house's colour theme centred on warm colour (brown, reddish brown, lotsa wood in the house)...
But my uncle's house is more modern, with cool colour theme (white, light blue, lotsa metal)...
So I feel... A lack of Warmth?? Hmm... I'm not very sure, but I sure prefer the old house and its furniture...

But the family is still the same, maybe much older... More wrinkles or more pimples...

Presenting my family...

My Granny!!!
Or Nai Nai as I called her...
(My lazy cousin haven't upload her pictures, so I drew her instead...)


She's very cute, the time when my cousin tried to take a photo of her, she made a funny face!!!
WAhahahaha...
She is also somewhat different from a lot of granny stereotypes...
She is very hip and modern...
She likes shopping!!!
She encourages my mom to shop!!!
She is very easy-going!!! My eldest cousin sometimes like to pinch granny's check or bite her arm, my granny actually laughed, or pretend to get angry!!!
She is very funny!!!

Once, when we were all playing pokka cards...

First Aunt: Blah blah blah... What you get?? (or something like that)

Granny: HEE HEE HEE!!!

She actually laughed that evil laughter!!! Wahahahahahha!!!

Another time, still playing pokka cards...

First Aunt: Wahahahaha... (she was winning...)

Granny: (losing and bu shuang) Haiyo!!! Wo xi!!! Wo xi~~~ *fingers and hands making the sucking action* (meaning that she was trying to suck away first aunt's luck!!!)

WAhahahahahhaah... I like my granny!!! So CUTE!!!

My granny ranked first on the seniority level... Cos my grandpa die long long ago...

Anyway, here's the family tree...
(My first uncle and his wife is in Taiwan, so not present for gathering...)


I have very few cousins...
My Eldest Cousin, Louisa...
Or Lou Sia (downstairs) if you wanna call her that... Or lizard... Or Wen Zi (mosquito) cos her chinese name is XiWen...
Wahahahahaha...
After that came me, and my brother Alex, or Zhu Tou (pig head)...
Then my youngest cousin, Jia Jia...




Eh... I think you can guage our relationship la... See the one on your right, sitting so far away...
I think I have forgotten her voice... Or have I heard it before??
My uncles and aunts wants me/us to make small talk with her...

Errr... "Hello, my name is wanshi, you are my cousin hor??"

-_-;

Bleah... Heheheh... Never mind, at least we have a very nice photo!!!

Happie Chinese New Year!!!

-end of post-

return 0;
}

The End...

Have a nice week ahead!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home