Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My Engin Orientation Week at NUS...

Well in NUS, at least for Engin, we have an Orientation week...
From 1st to 6th August...

But I only went to the 4th to 6th, heehee.
..
Cos I have chalet for the first 3 days...

So on that very day, I have decided to grace my presence on my orientation group...


Haha, we were all going to Sentosa for some beach games!!!
Some of the games were really similar to those in CAC camp...


1)The Sponge Game, where we have to use a certain body part to carry a sponge filled with water from sea to the bottle... I got pair up with YB... This time, he really lucky, he got knee, I got neck and shoulder... No more head to toe stuff!!! Hahahaaha...


2)Balloon War!!! This time instead of water bottles, we have balloons instead!!! I got paired up with YH and he had to piggy back me, and whoa!!! Damn exciting!!! Cos our opposing team is two guys instead of the usual one guy one girl... So I screamed and screamed and tried to dodge... End up I am the only one with two whole balloons intact... My screamings scared off so many people... Poor YH, I think he needs hearing aids now...
Poor YB kena strangled by the girl...

3)String War, this time with me and YB's friend (I forgot his name liao) who piggy back me again, but he has to be blindfolded!!! Wuahahahaha FUN!!! Then I have to give him instructions on which way to turn and such... I got two strings, but someone else got mine too... YB and his partner is a funny sight... Cos the girl was from Vietnam, and I think they have communication problems, so the two of them just stood there dumbly while a war was going on in the background... Hahahaha... Very cute looking sight too...

4)Turtle turtle Jump!!! Where two people get down on all fours facing each other, and one would start first by saying "Turtl turtle Jump!!!" and raised one of his limbs... The other person will have to lift up one of his limbs too, but if he got the same limbs as the first one, he loses!!! The loser will get shaving cream on his face, I lost so I got one on my nose... Heehee...
Why the glum face, YH??

5)Think got some more but I forgot liao... Oops...

Then at night, it was Engin Initation... Dunno what's that...
Some sort of thank-yous and stuff...

But got very nice letters in the sand...
They dug out the words "ENGIN" and filled those trenches with little scented candles!!!

Very Nice!!!


The next day, there's Land games...
Initially, there is supposed to be Pool Games, but last minute got cancelled off...

So we have...

"Speed Dating"
The girls will all seat down on the floor while the boys will lined up, each to a girl and chat with us...

But the timing was very short, about 5 minutes I think...

It's really too short cos we have just finish chatting about our names, our JCs, our courses and were getting to the good part when they have to switched partners again...

Hey, I like to talk alot leh, why take away my chatting time??
Aaahhh...

But then, I finally found one guy who is in the same class as me!!!

Yes yes yes!!!

But then, I only know his name, that's it, what big bloody differences does it makes...

Then the Land Games...
Same old games...


1)Three-Legged Soccer... Me and YB are the so-called "Defenders"... We have to prevent out opposing teams from kicking our bottles down using the football... Lucky, our defence quite good sia~ And our Strikers also very good, cos we win in the end!!!


2)The Slippery Slope!!! All of us have to climb up the slippery slope and help each other to do the same thing as well... Me lucky lucky managed to get up and grabbed some guy's hand before I started to slip... Fun and exciting, I was laughing like crazy...


3)Passing the water from cup while holding cup in selected body parts... I kena neck and shoulder again... At least not armpit or what hahahah... Very wet game...


4)Scissors Paper Stone Game where we have to lock our partner's arm, back to back, and run to meet up with the opponent... And then play scissors paper stone lor... We lose, thanks to me... Sob.. Sob...


Then at night...
*cold wind blows once again*

It's the Bloody Fright Night!!!!!
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

I thought I've swear never to go through this again!!!

But it just sprang up on me!!!

NOOOOOOO...


This time, I'm too lazy to descibe everthing in detail...

Cos nothing funny happens, I switched off my Crappy mood and turned on my Screaming mood full blast!!!


Station #1

The same location as station #2 for my CAC Camp...

But more darker...

This time I went with YB, K, and two councillors...
5 people...
Shouldn't be scarey right??

No, eww... Some of the guys are scarey cats too...

All of us screamed...
Hahahaha...
Then when we are all getting ready to leave the place, the 'female ghost' shieked at us...

Freaked me out that I screamed and run!!!

AARRGGHH!!!


Station #2

This time, it's in pairs...

Me went with WeiB...

Lucky he very brave, I only just hold my head down or kept my eyes half closed and he will lead the way...

This time it is through the same tunnel that I went into as the one in CAC...

No tasks this time... Phew...


Station #3

Went with HM, YH, WeiB, Iv...

But we have to split up as there are two tasks...

HM and YH did the first, to find the baby...

Me and WeiB and Iv have to do the 2nd task, which is to give the baby back to it's mom...

Before we went in, the three of us decided to scream our loudest whenever we see a ghost...

So when we saw the first one hiding in a corner, all of us SCREAMED our heads off, even before the ghost leaps out and scared us...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very loooong and loooud...

Surprise that even the guys can carry off high-pitched screamings...

One of our councillors, Nic, is in there...

So when we completed the task, he actually moaned and said "Wanshi~ Wanshi~ Stay behind~~"

EEEKK!!!! Creepy!!! No way I'm staying!!!

There are 6 stations in all, but we only managed to complete only 3 due to time constraints...

Thank goodness...


Then we headed to Iv's room as he is staying in the halls...

Did some washed up before we went to have supper...

Saw ZW and her business faculty friends...

Back at Iv's room, we watched a movie, but I fell asleep right in the beginning...

On the table...

Woke up halfway with sore and aching arms...

Decided to lie on the bed instead, but with both feet on the ground since I'm sharing it with 3 other people...



Then when I woke up once again, it's Rag Day...
Engin people are all in white tees...

Our floats were not bad...

But then after seeing Business and other Faculties' floats...

It was like a chinese proverb "There is always one mountain higher than the other"

Wah...

I am in awe...


I sat in between YH and HM...

But YH keep commenting that I'm very hyper...

Not my fault what...

I'm just soooo Excited!!!
At seeing those floats!!!

And the music were really really catchy!!!

Couldn't help but to groove to the tune...

I probably looked like some kid with itching powder down my pants...


Halfway through, my group members (we are called Cap 5) decided to go off and get some proper breakfast cum lunch at the macdonalds...
I'm abit disappointed as I really wanted to watch those floats...
Those people really put in a lot of hard work, so why let them go to waste??

At least appreciated it...

But peer pressure wins, so I dragged my feet behind them too...


We chat and crap alot at Macs...

We even took a group photo although not all of us were present...

I really have a great time during this Orientation Week...

Although the games and activities were not as good as CAC's camp...

I still enjoyed them all the same...
Meet quite a few people whom I can click quite well...

There's WenB, although I only spent one day with her, we hit off instantly...

We have much in common too, like the fact that we both love reading comics...

WeiB and I got along well too... Apart from WenB, he's the 2nd most person I've talked to...

And we are both Geminis, so both very chatty...

And not to mention HM and YH, I clicked with them pretty well too...

And Iv, YF, XL, Nic and few others...


ENGIN People RoCkS!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home