Monday, March 13, 2006

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

Finally, after 8 freaking years...

I bought a brand new computer!!!

No more second-hands from my dad/uncle/etc etc...

A Brand New One!!!

Oooohhh, can hardly believe it!!!

Well... Actually, not all of the computer parts is new lar...
The monitor, keyboard, mouse and the speaker still remains...
But the entire cpu is gone/replace/waahahahaha no more...

My com died on me on 5/3/06...
Causes of death??
Old age...
It slipped into a coma and never woke up...
Cannot be revived...
So I had no choice but to pull the plug on it...

Now than I knew how integrated computer is into my life...
The one week during which I am without a computer is quite a torture...
Cannot do programming notes, cannot study and do sociology notes, cannot do programming lab, cannot do programming tutorial, cannot do maths lab, cannot do physics online assignment, cannot check the workbin for tutorials or solutions, cannot check IVLE for annoucement or NUS email for newest information...
I'm stagnant!!!

But luckily, still got back-up com : my dad's...
However, to use it, I have to put up with his erractic timings of sleeping...
Cos my dad works at the wee hours where most of us were sleeping...
So I can only access his com in the morning (cos he sleeps in the afternoon), early night (when he woke up to have his dinner), and very late night (as he sleeps again at around 10 plus pm, and woke up again at 11.30pm to go to work)...

Hah, so I have to separate my time into three intervals...

On 11/3/06...
My little squirrel came to my rescue!!!
He took me to sim lim square (after nus open house) and we walk around, collecting those huge flyers so that we can compare the prices...
Squirrel also make a table, I think its about the computer parts and their prices etc... And he keep crossing out, scribbling, calculating, walking around sim lim sq (but I'm guarding the bags now) and coming back to repeat the whole cycle again...
Finally he came up with the best plan for me to get the computer parts at the most reasonable prices before we went shopping for these parts...

And that day, was the very first day...
I learnt how to use the Nets card...
Ya, I know I very outdated, hah, but not till now do I ever need to use so much cash at one go!!!

Wah, the feeling was damn scarey...
I took the very heavy black equipment for me to type in the PIN...
I scared I remember wrongly the PIN (cos I'm using my mom's, I forgot my own password liao, oops...)...
I type very slowly...
*
*
*
*
*
*
Then I stop and peer at those asterisks, counting it to check whther I have type in the correct number of digits...

I recount again...

Than squirrel come over, look at me and say "eh, press enter."

-_-

Hope those shopkeepers didn't hear it...

Anyway...
After about 3 hours...
The shopping is done!!!
We went back to his house for him to start putting in those parts...
I think he's having a headache by then...
Cos on the bus, I keep bombarding him with freaking weird and tough questions, and he is having a hard time trying to answer all my 300 questions...
Haha oops...

;-P

At his house, he slog it out on my com, doing all those things I find too complicated for my already-too-loaded-withprogramming/maths/physics-brain...
Hours passed...

All of a sudden, just as he was done formatting the com, and restarted it...

It could not be switched on!!!

*gasped*

Little squirrel tried all sorts of method to switch it on again...
He also does some testing on various parts of the com to see which of it was spoilt, and he came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the motherboard...
Sigh, so no choice, he have to take it back to sim lim again for those peopl over there to check it out...
After he had sent me home, he went to install my hard drive in his com to try it out, and unfortunately, his computer went berserk...
So now he have to format his com as well...
Poor squirrel...

And the next day, when he went back to sim lim, he was sort of right...
The reason why the com couldn't switched on was because it had short-circuited!!!
Dunno what's the reason, but at least the problem is solved...

So little squirrel went to my house to piece my com up again, install almost everything, do lots of anti-virus/firewall/anti-spyware installations for me...
He really did everything!!!
Everything!!! He even copied my files from my old hard disk into the new com!!!

Wah... Suddenly I feel so taken care of...
Heehee...

So ta-dah...
My brand new com...
All thanks to my little squirrel...
Who spent about 10 hours on it...



Thank you very much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home