Thursday, March 01, 2007

All the Rush...

It has been a hectic few days for me...

Three tests!!!
One term paper!!!
Within the span of two days!!!


On the day of the Me2101 exam, I was running late...

So kan cheong was I that I grab my breakfast and gobbled it up while running to the bus-stop...
And I choke on my bread as a result...
Some more the hotdog in my bread was pepper-flavoured...
Yeow!!!

I was quite lucky for my bus arrived soon...
And I arrived at the bus-stop with only 5 minutes to spare!!!


The route in purple is the route I have covered within 5 minutes...
I was half walking and running like crazy!!!
All the while carrying the Super Heavy Me2101 textbook!!!
Wah!!! My arms are breaking!!!

Very lucky, cos I entered the exam hall when everyone else has already entered...
Drenched with sweat from head to toe...

I was in such a Nervous and Panicking state that my hands couldn't stop shaking even 15 minutes into the exam...
(Or maybe it is due to the very Heavy textbook I was lugging)

Heng the paper wasn't very difficult...
But that would mean all my mugging till 2am was for nothing!!!
(Cos the exam was 50% of the final grade!!!)
The hard topics didn't come out!!!
...


For my Ma3501 paper...

I kinda screwed it up...

Actually the paper wasn't very hard, but I couldn't answer 2 questions out of 7...
But apparently, many others could...
Arggg...

And the most @#%$@#^ thing was that I could solve one of them!!!
But not during the exam!!!

WTH...


The next day was Me2142 test...

And I Was Late!!!

!%$^$@#^$%$@!$*^%

To think I have left my house early for once!!!

Stupid bus!!!
So bloody late then come!!!
Stops at every stop even though nobody alights nor flag it down!!!
Kena hold up by every red lights possible!!!
Crawl so slow!!! Even scooters can run faster!!! Almost all the vehicles drove pass it!!!

AARRRGGGGHHHHH

5 minutes gone...

I can still finish the paper lar...
And I thought I only didn't know how to do 1 question only...
Turns out that there are 2 more, all careless mistakes...
Hope I wouldn't discover more...
(Arg, but this paper got negative marking leh!!! 3 question wrong means 1 extra mark is being deducted!!!)


My Term Paper...
"Is the holy loved by the gods because it is holy, or is it holy because it is loved by the gods?" (Euthyphro, 10A).

Arrrrr...

Spent TWO Nights, literally, you know, the period of the day when the sky is still dark??
Oh wait, it is not night, maybe I should call it "Spent 2 nights and 2 pre-dawns"...

I don' want to put my entire essay out here in case you guys fall asleep and bang your head on the keyboard...
(And then sue me for that)

But here is the gist (for those who wants to know):

Even if those gods did not contradict each other, it is an irony, because the very fact that all of them are omnipotent makes none of them all-powerful at all.

Some more snippets:

Can gods be gods not because of their omnipotent-ness, but because they have the power that is far beyond us but these power are not as almighty as being omnipotent?



Geez... I hope I don't get a fail for this...


4 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Jelmer said...

Wah, why ur term paper write until so chim one...

"The fact that all of them are omnipotent makes none of them all-powerful"
-This statement like contradicting.. ha, all of them being omnipotent makes none of them all-powerful? So are they omnipotent or not?

"Can gods be gods not because of their omnipotent-ness, but because they have the power that is far beyond us but these power are not as almighty as being omnipotent?"
-Ha, so u mean power consists of three level: Omnipotent, One-notch below Omnipotent and Very non-omnipotent? So we have Very non-omnipotent, well gods are One-notch below Omnipotent? Ha, then who is Omnipotent?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger averii said...

Because all of them are omnipotent, and by omnipotent which means that they are all-powerful... But how can all of them be ALL-powerful at the same time... If they are gods, they should all fall under the same definitions of an omnipotent being... But because when ALL of them are powerful, it makes none of them the All powerful...

Okie I'm not making any sense, but just imagine:

I am the champion runner... Champion runner means I run at the fastest...
ALL of them are champions runners... Means all of us runs the fastest... If all of us runs the fastest, does it means we are still all champion runners??


Therefore, I suggest that Gods should not have omnipotent power...
They have great power but not ALL powerful...

So this means:

I am a very fast runner...
All of us are very fast runners...
But we are not the fastest for we are still slower then the speed of light...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Jelmer said...

Hmmm... i dunno if u got the definition of 'Omnipotent' correct.. cuz it means 'having very great or unlimited authority or power.'

So why cant all gods have unlimited power? God A has all the powers in the world. God B similarly has all the powers in the world. So together, both of them are omnipotent, for both of them have all the powers in the world.

Omnipotent also known as 'all-powerful', in other words, they are powerful in all things.

Let's see using ur analogy, but changed to the context of gods..

I am the god...
The god means I have unlimited powers...
ALL of them are gods... Means all of us have unlimited powes... If all of us have unlimited powers, does it means we are still all gods??

Yes, it seems so.

Say to run at the speed of light is a power. All of the gods, being all-powerful, have this power. They are still powerful isnt it?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger averii said...

There will be too many conflicts if all of them have unlimited power...

God A: I like dogs, hence I shall make dogs holy...

God B: I hate dogs, hence with my unlimited power, I shall make dogs unholy...

God A: No!!! I want to make dogs holy!!!

God B: No!!! I don't want dogs to be holy!!!

And so they fight and the world is thrown into Chaos...

Thus Gods cannot be omnipotent!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home