Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Chinese New Year in Malaysia!!!

This year my family went to Malaysia for Chinese New Year!!!

Wow, the last time we went back for CNY was like..........
I forgot, but I think I'm still in Primary school lar...

We went back on Saturday to got back on Tuesday (17 - 20/02/07)...


Actually, even though I was quite excited, I wasn't very looking forward to the Morning Rush to the Customs to beat the Jams!!!
I thought we will be waking up earlier then usual, at about 5am or something...
(We usually wake up at 6++am and leave by 7++am...)
But this year my dad will be joining us (me, my bro, my mom and my aunt) back to Malaysia, hence we left the house at 8.30am instead...

I was praying that anyone going to Malaysia haven't woken up yet...

Thankfully, the Jams weren't so bad...
We got through faster then we expected and reached JB at 10am...
(We have bought 12pm tickets beforehand...)

Anyway, at the Singapore Custom there, while I was heading towards bus 170, someone waved and walked towards me to get my attention...

Surprise Surprise it was actually Li Hao!!!
My ex-Swiss Cottage Schoolmate cum now-NUS Mech Engin Friend!!!
Hahaha, he was a Malaysian, and was on his way home to celebrate CNY with his family...
His first few words to me was:

"Hey!!! *waves* You are a Malaysian too???"

(-___-;)
After these few incidents, I hence conclude that maybe I Do have a Malaysian face...

Otherwise, how would you explain that Three Malaysians (and one Singaporean) have mistaken me as one of their own?!?!

Fine... Fine... Malaysian then Malaysian lor...
My mom came from Malaysia anyway, so I have one half of Malaysia's blood...
(Then I should be called Half-Malaysian what... But they go and round it up...)

It was a pleasant surprise to see him there... We took the same 170 to Malaysia, but I lost him at the Custom over there because the passport queue for Singapore was bloody long and slow...


Apart from a few more traffic jams here and there, crowds and lotsa smoke and pollution (oh hell for my face), we made it in one piece to my grandma's house...
Even though I was there for CNY celebrations, I still brought along my Feedback notes!!!
(Stupid lecture notes... Dunno how the lecturer becomes a lecturer when he don't even know how to teach, let alone do a proper lecture notes...)'

Garh...
Thus I spent two lovely days bonding with my notes...


The One-Eye cat was still there!!!
It recognises me!!!
That or it is friendly to all humans provided they feed it later...
Don't care lar, I just enjoy playing with it...

The cat just loves it when I scratch its head, or scratch on its chin-neck area...
Its eyes curled up and I can almost hear it purr in contentment...

Like that lor...

Strangly, all the other cats disappear liao...
Still got one more black and white cat...
(Wondering if it was the little kitten we saw the other time?? Same coat of colour and same blue eyes...)

Me and my brother were thinking maybe that One-Eye cat chased them all away cos it can be pretty fierce if it wants too...
Hell, it even uses its teeth to scratch my fingers when I tried to tickled its paw!!!
Like warning me like that...
Kinda hurts... Basket...

Makes me think of this...
Machiam like gangster...


Heard from my family's friends in Malaysia that Fireworks have been banned!!!
What!!! Nooooo!!!
What the hell...

But hah, ban also no use!!!
Some stores are still secretly selling those Fireworks!!!
You just need to know the right person, that's all!!!

And apparently, we weren't the few people who knew the right person...
Because on CNY eve, 1st and 2nd day on CNY (while we were still there), we can hear "BOOOOOOOM!!!" of Fireworks music!!!

I even saw a lot of those big big Fireworks!!!
Neh, you know those kinds you see at the Esplanade during major celebrations (new year, xmas etc)??
Well, just downscaled them by three times and you have it!!!

The more expensive the Fireworks, the more magnificant it is!!!

I even saw four to five Fireworks being let off at once!!!
At different locations, all at some distance away from each other, but within my eye range...
Wah!!!


When it is our turn to play around with our Fireworks, me and my bro and my dad were all quite excited!!!

There's Bumble Bees (it can fly!!! Sometimes in circles!!!), Dino Eggs (just some little sparks and sounds, not very fun), Twister (so says the name, it twists in circles and travels a bit before exploding in sparks), Rockets (stick in to the ground and lit it, then it will fly off with a loud shrill before exploding), Flowers (very pretty colourful sparks!!!), Mini Sky Fireworks (it flew straight up into the sky before exploding into colours once), Big Sky Fireworks (same like the mini, but it explodes many many times!!! So there are many many colourful flowers in the sky!!!)...

I like!!!!! I like it very much!!!

But poor one-eye cat very scared...
It keep ducking underneath cars and meowing at me to comfort it...
Heeheehee... Opps I mean awwwww so pitiful...

(If possible, I will try to upload those videos my dad took...
Eh, but how to upload from the handphone to the computer hah??)

Many people came to visit my grandma during CNY...
And among them all, there are two very cute and cuddly Babies!!!
Baby girl is 8 month old, and baby boy is only 4 months!!!

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!

So Cute!!!!!

*Major Meltdown*

Really So Cute!!!

Super Duper Damn Cute!!!


Especially the 4 month old baby... Cos he smiles alot, and is easier to make him laugh since he is not old enough to recognised his granny (who takes care of him)...
But the 8 month old girl will pursed her lips before crying if any strangers carries her...

But still soooooo cute!!!

Ahhhhh!!! Ahhhhh!!! Ahhhhh!!! Ahhhhh!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!


Sorry, *adjust mood*...
Got abit carried away...

We took pictures, but using a Film camera, so may take some time before my mom goes and send them for development...
Yayayaya, I know very old-fashioned liao, but we no money to buy Digital Camera waddd...
(Unless you want to sponser)

Apart from old family friends that visited us, my mom's older sister (who was kinda estrange from the family) came too...

I finally saw the two cousins I never really knew much about...
Looks more like my uncle... Errm... Never mind...

I also saw two of my Malaysia childhood friends...
Wonder where the rest are??


Alas, the time spent in Melaka flew by too fast, and before I knew it, it was time to go home and face those bloody traffic jams...

I have to digress!!!
The transportation system in Melaka suxxx!!!
Absolutely!!!
It took my family nearly 3-4 hours to travel back and forth via bus to a shopping mall!!!
Maybe it is because of the CNY, that's why got lotsa jams lar, but 3-4 hours?!?!!?!?!?
And the shopping mall not that far lar!!!
Wth...


Oh well, at least this CNY was different...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home