Wednesday, May 14, 2008

VIP Ramblings

Wah...

These fews days have been quite hectic for me...

After hearing or reading from the blogs from other ex/current interns, I thought that the first few days of the internship will be quite slack one...
Cos usually the company got nothing for you to do, or haven't train you properly enough...

But then hor, this theory doesn't applies to me leh...
Theory rejected!!!

Cos I have been working all the way from morning till evening, and sometimes even past the working times!!!
And it is day 3 only lehz!!!

I can think of a few reasons:
1)
The department I am in is rather new (as compared to the rest), so there's a lot of things that hasn't been done yet...
2)
There's no process engineer for 6 months straight until a month ago, so there's many loose ends...
3)
The PE very new, I very new...
We also have very different accents (different country mah)...
Put these combination together and you have two blur sotongs...
But I have to say, she is quite knowledgeable and is a very nice person...

Got deadline, got deadline, must chiong...

(Wah liao, I just realised I'm writing the above like I'm writing a WI!!!
Arrggghhhh...)


I also went through the Sahara Desert and the North Pole in the company...
Cos the temperatures in one of the machines' room are freaking hot, while my supervisor office is freaking cold...

And I think that I may need to wear a gas mask soon...
Otherwise, I might just die of gas poisoning (too much solvent used, arrgghh)...

I am more or less used to the place and the people there already...
They are quite friendly!!!
Although the accent again, can be a bit of a problem as it makes the communication a lot harder...

But I am also pleased, because my supervisor's supervisor said that the WI produced is of very good standard!!!
Wooohooooo!!! Yeah!!!
I am happy because I did most of the typing, organising, asking around etc... Ok lar, she did most of the company-related stuff...
Actually hor, sometimes I realized that I instruct her more then she instruct me... Whoops... I think I should be less aggressive, cos even the other NUS interns say I more fierce then her... Uh oh...

I think I will learn quite a lot in there...
=-D


Anyway, it is time for me to sleep, cos I gotta wake up at 6am tomorrow...
Need to arrive early to catch the technicians doing the clean-ups for the day's operation...

Good Night!!!

5 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger chillycraps said...

what is WI?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger tstar said...

HAHAHA! you sound so funny. You're so fierce meh? hahaha...

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger averii said...

chillycraps:

WI are Work Instructions...
Basically, they are step by step instructions, which can cover almost everything...
They are mostly used to teach new technicians on the procedures, and how to use the machines etc...

My supervisor's supervisor wants us to do WI for all procedures of the machines they have in my department...

From the preparation, setting up, process, shutting down, cleaning up, disposal of waste material of the machine...

And there are four freaking complicated machines...

Super xiong eh... Can die...


tstar:

Hahaha...
Ehz, although I laugh like crazy, and is sometimes siao, I can be very fierce too if I want to...

Muwhahahahaaaa...
Readers Beware...

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaz..lucky I din go there for internship..bet I will blow up the machines..den the department can close liao..
My internship super slack..own time own target...so I ended up spending my afternoon in E2 com lab doing YOU-NOE-WAT..

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger averii said...

Hahahaha...

Ya, YOU-NOE-WAT is fun and very educating horrrr...

Wah piangz...
If you come my company, you will -_-||| and >_<;...
Deadlines and boss giving pressure...

Saturday also have to work leh!!!
Noooooooo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home