Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm BACK!!! From Malaysia!!!

Woah!!! Finally back to Singapore...

Familiar buses, MRTs, HDB buildings...
Relatively cleaner air... Organised infrastructure...

It's good to be home...


The first thing I did after I log online was to check out the blog count...
Wah liao... Really low... You guys really advoid me eh...

Ya I know I did mentioned that I will not be in Singapore during that period of time...
But you can always read my archives... Equally entertaining lar...
Hahahahahahhaaa...
Okie, now refresh!!! REfresh your browser 10 times!!!


Anyway...
It was the same old routine on the journey to Melaka...
Pretty boring actually...

The highlight on the trip was probably the new dunno what passport-scanner-cum-thumbprint-recognizer at the Singapore custom...
From the way they have to station people there to assist us through it, I gather that it is rather new...

There are two gates barring you to the other side...
To open the first gate, you have to put your passport, opened to the page with your picture, and placed it face down onto the scanner thing...
You have to push your passport quite inside that thing in order for the whole thing to be scanned... And it cannot be too tilted or it could not be read properly...
(Thanks goodness for my temp job last holiday, for I have played around with a namecard scanner thing...)

After you passed through the first gate, it closes behind you...
You will then realised that you are now stuck in between the two gates...
So if your thumbprint doesn't matched the passport, you are trapped!!! Muwhahahahaha...

Okay, maybe not trapped cos there are still enough space for you to escape anyway...
Just jumped over the gate and run like hell...

To open the second gate, you will have to placed your right thumb on the thumbprint scanner and pray that it scans properly...
Sounds easy right??


Tell me... Which of the above looks remotely like a thumprint scanner?? Or a scanner even???

If you dunno the answer, please dial 1800-I-Am-Blind for assistance...
Of cos the reddish-brown rectangular thing lar!!!
It even has Two arrows pointing at it!!!

Guess what my mom did??


I have to call out to her (we were at some distance away) "Ma? Ma?! Mummy!!! It's the one below!!! The one below!!! Rectangle one!!!"

Before she "Opps" and placed her thumb at the correct spot...

Hahahahahaaa...

Mom: Oei, cannot write about this in your blog hor!!! Cannot hor!!!

Heh heh heh... =-p

Another uninteresting thing was that, some custom guy spelt his name as "Hairy" in his name tag...
I nearly laugh out loud in his face...
But that's not a very smart thing to do lar, so I didn't...


At my grandmother's house...

The Cats changes again!!!
This time, there's two regular cats that comes to our house for food...

There's a white cat with big patches of black, quite shy of humans, but not totally afraid of them...
It will watch you with caution and will run away if you walked towards it, especially if you are a stranger...
But if you continue to be friendly towards it (i.e feed it lar) it will lie on the ground and let you pet it contently...
Once, it was so used to me and my bro's presence that it didn't even moved even though it was lying directly outside the door and the only way out was to step Over it...
I was on my way out and tried to nudge it away...
But it just tilted its head, look at me lazily and continue lying there, the lazy bastard...
Wah not scared I step on you arh??

Another one in brownish greyish stripes, was super friendly to humans...
It has One Eye...
Yup, one eye, the other eye was... Errm... Gone... Only a hole there left...
Super friendly to humans, it will come to you if you called it... And will cuddle and rubbed against your legs!!! Heheeheheheh...
I like to hold out my hand, and it will just come walking towards you and rubbed its head underneath you palm and shutting its eyes...
Machiam very shiok like that...
But it is also super jealous... If it sees you petting other cats, it will get nasty and tried to scratch that cat!!!
Aiyo, I scolded it lar... And I think now it learns how to share liao...
How do I scold it?? Like that lor:

Cat: Meow!!! *paws comes out*

Me: Oei!!! Cannot!!! *Slaps the paw away*

Cat: Meow!!! *Attempts to scratch again*

Me: Cannot lar!!! *Pushes paw firmly away and continue petting the other cat*

Cat: Meow Meow Meow!!!

Me: Okie okie lar... *pets both cats*

There are also many other cats, but they are all... Well... Scarey cats...
Always running away even though both me and my bro were carrying food to feed them...
So have to throw the food at some distance away...

There is also one very very very cute and quite pityful kitten...
So small... And vulnerable...
We suspect that it doesn't have any mother becos it was too small to be left alone by its mom...

When we first saw it, we thought it was blind, becos it didn't run away when we approached it and we can see there things poking out from its eye!!!
Yikes!!! We thought there was a stick or what... And its eyes are tearing...
Heart-wenching...
We tried to feed it, but forgot that babies feed on their mother's milk lar not solid food...
It was also sitting very close to sharp barbed wire... Dangerous...
Wanted to shift the kitten away but it refused to... And even "snarled" at us...
But we managed to half-push half-made-it-walked to a safer spot...

The next day we saw a female cat breast-feeding it...
Doesn't look like its mom leh... Totally wrong colour, it could be the foster mom for all we know...
Then we realised that those things poking out from the kitten's eyes was just residue which was licked away by it's "mom"...

Tried to feed the "mom" but it ran away too...

I carried the little kitten and petted it...
So adorable!!!
But than after that I think its "mom" taught some survival skills to it...
Cos the little kitten escape me too when I reached to pet it again...
Oh well...


We visited some of the friends of my mom and aunt in Malaysia...
Two of them have babies!!!
One is 6 months old and the other is only 3 months!!!
So CUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEEE!!!!
*Melts*

The 6 month old baby smiles alot...
The first time we saw her, she smiles...
Then she even let my mom and me carry her!!!
Wow... Thought babies usually cries when carried by strangers...
Smiles again... *Evaporates*

The 3 month old baby just looks at you...
Look look look...
And then he fell asleep...
-___-...
Hahahaha... Still very adorable... And he is very good-looking...
Will be a shuai ge when he grows up...


Basically... Only the cats and the babies are blog-worthy...
The rest of the days are sooooooo boooooring....

I brought my pens, my pencils, my eraser...
With the intention to draw to pass my time...

But I forgot to bring paper...

Wow, how smart can I get...

My bro brought some foolscape paper lar...
But there's no fun in drawing on those blurdy lines!!!

GARH!!!

(And at the same time, a Certain Group of People went for Kboxing without me...
Grrrr... That adds up to my Sian-ness...
I hate being left out... Or being ignored...
In fact, it can cause me to switch to my other personality...
The anti-social quiet side...
Muwhahahaahhaha...)


Okie... What a long post...
Read until shiok le mah??
Now go and refresh 5 times again... Thank you very much...
Why refresh??? Cos I will see the numbers until very shiok... Don't ask why...
Hahahahaha...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger chillycraps said...

wow cool! you have a biometric passport! I only have matric card.
Actually the design is quite good leh, now that you say it then I realise they can catch you if you are using fake thumbprint.

and the cats, I like cats! as long as they are not dirty, that is.

Oh, don't bother asking your reader to refresh their browser, it doesn't work that way. The tracker is smart enough to differentiate unique visitor and someone whose finger is tapping the refresh button like typing morse code...

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger averii said...

I dunno if I have a biometric passport or what leh... Some guy at the custom just gesture wildly and say "Singapore!!! Above 16!!! Above 16!!!" while pointing to that area...
It is only applicable for people who are above 16, maybe becos got identity card liao??

Cats are so lovable!!! Hahahah... Maybe I should volunteer at SPCA since I so free... Hmmm...

The tracker is smart meh?? Damn... I always thought computers are dumb after my encounter with them last sem during cs...

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Azure1984 said...

biometric passport? so fast ar? I tot they just started changing only? Hmm, maybe I am wrong.
.
but then , the custom clearing one quite easy to use ma, but troublesome. Haha coz you have to do everything yourself. They tested it first in the budget terminal.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger averii said...

Easy to use??

Tell that to the aunties and uncles stuck there...

Think it took us as much time as if we were to do it the normal way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home