Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Ordeal while LOOKING for the Job Agencies...

Monday...
Is the day I decided to do what many others (and what my mom has been hinting at me) are doing...

Get
A
Job

Part-time job lar...

So me meet up with YL and ZW to go to some job agencies recommended by our friends, hoping to secure one ourselves...
We meet at Chinatown Mrt, and from about 1145am, we circled around the area, looking for the "mythical" Seacare building...

We walked and walked and ran about, asking people around us...
Since it is mythical, not many people had heard about it...
It is only that we have gone some distance away before some people started to point us to the right direction...

ZW: Excuse me, do you know where the Seacare building is??

Passer-by: Oh... It is just over there, go this way... *points*

Us: Thank you!!!

Happily, we walked towards the direction they are pointing at...
And came upon CK department store...

WHAT??!!??!!!
It is SEACARE, not CK lar!!!!!

THEY HAVE BEEN POINTING TO US THE WRONG DIRECTION ALL ALONG!!!

All the walking for nothing... Huh...
So ZW called her father for help and we walked all the way back to the MRT station again...

*ding ding ding*

It's the ice cream man!!!
YL and ZW bought ice cream from the old uncle before asking for directions again...

Wah, old people is still the best, he knows where it is...
At least he knows where 52 Chin Swee Road is, that is where the Seacare building is...
He even drew us a Map!!!
So we went to that direction and saw a quite old 3 storey building...
It says "52 Chin Swee Road"...

Huh?? Sure anot?? Cos according to YL who had seen a picture of some sorts of that building, it was supposed to be quite new and nice looking, fitted with lots of windows etc etc...
And we were supposed to go to the sixth storey of that building...

Zw jokingly said "Haha, only three stories high, where is the sixth floor?? In another dimension??"

Too tired to continue, we plonked ourselves on some benches to take a breather...
YL after a few minutes rest had a sudden burst of energy (very unlike her ;-p) and went around looking for that mythical Seacare building...
And she found it!!! Wooo!!! Amazing!!!

It was behind the old three storey building, partly hidden by another...
"SeAcAre" building it read...
Already nearing 1pm liao, we have been searching for it for more than an hour...

Yes, so we found our first agency on the sixth floor...
When given the resume, we filled it up and I skimmed through the pages to look at the typical jobs they usually have around...
I saw that there's a position for Library Assistant!!!
WoW!!!
I filled it as my first choice... Ooooooohhhhh I love books!!!
Just touching them makes me so happie!!!

After that, we have a light lunch before YL left us to go dating-whatever with MF, while me and ZW continue our Quest...
Next stop, Tanjong Pajar Mrt, to the International-Plaza-blah-blah-some-building...
Wah, it is abit cramp inside, and the lifts were confusing!!!
There are some lifts that goes to several floors and not to others...
But thankfully we managed to find our way to two more agencies, Kelly's and Addeco-blah-blah, before we call it a day...

And I saw WoonS there!!!
Wah, last time art club gathering I could not make it, so didn't see him...
But today I did and WoAH...

What a hairstyle...

I thought he had gone to NS liao... Although, errmm, a bit too long...
*suddenly reminds me of my little squirrel's hairstyle back in JC days, and I nearly laugh out loud in his face*

:-X

Heehee...

After the whole thing was over, ZW went to some place in Novena to fix errrrrrr further enhance her face...
And I received a sms I have been waiting so long to get...

It's from Nicky!!! And he has Great News!!!
He got a Job for Me!!!

YES!!! OH THANK YOU NICKY!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

:-D

Its always good to know more friends...

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger justsalesjobs said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger justsalesjobs said...

I am truly impressed by the details which you have provided regarding job agencies. It is an interesting article for me as well as for others. Thanks for sharing such articles here.
job agencies toronto

 

Post a Comment

<< Home