Saturday, August 13, 2005

Carrying Heavy Textbooks are a Good Form of Excerise...

On Thursday 11/08/05, was probably one of the most tiring day I've ever had...
Errrm... Maybe not exactly the most, but definitely high on my list...

According to my dumb timetable, I have SIX hours of free time...
But since I'm meeting my Namji people at 2pm, so makes it FOUR hours of free time...
So I immersed myself in deep thought, thinking of ways to kill the time...
Luckily, a friend of ZW's, MH (now my friend too) and her friend, YS (a friend of a friend of a friend Hah!!) have many suggestions to pass time...
Namely go check whether notes are available for buying, looking for textbooks etc...
May not sound fun but when you are really desperate for things to do, it is like playing computer games to me...

So off we go to our engin's printing room...
Shoot, still no notes, are the professors slacking??
No worries, YS have heard that in Yusof Ishak House (YIH), notes for maths were already available...
We walked to YIH, but before that, stopped at the Central Library to check out on the coursebook we have to buy for a module...
Wah, the Forum Bookstore at the Central Library was very full...
Queues were long at the textbook counter and at the cashier...
Thankfully, a friend of MH (wah how come she has so many friends??) was nearly at the front of the queue to get his textbook, so we asked him to do the same for us too...
Again, another friend of MH was at the cashier too, so the whole thing was over within 15 minutes...
Yeah!!!

After buying our coursebook, we proceed to YIH via our feet...
And YS was correct, maths notes was ready!!!
At YIH, I met my self-proclaim "Brother", WeiB, who was there to collect his laptop...

Why was he my "Brother"??
Haha, well, it was becos he had too many daughters, three of them including HM, so he decided to let me be his "Sister" instead...
Errr... A bit not used to calling people brother or Kor Kor, cos it was usually people who called me Jie Jie...
Aiyah, but he older and confirmed emotionally more matured then me, so have to do with it lar hahaha...
This is how my "Brother" looks like... A Santa Claus!!! Muwhahahahahahahahahaha...

Anyway, we got our notes, me and WeiB wanted to meet up with YH who was at the Central Library...
So we take bus back haha... No more walking...
Left MH and YS as they have to go eat lunch...
So me and WeiB digged our way through the bookstore, searching for YH and his friend...
Found them at the back of the queue...
Then WeiB went to queue up to buy his physic textbook, while me and YH and his friend got out of the cramped bookstore to breathe...
A while later, WeiB sms me to ask if I wanted to get that physic textbook too...
Uh oh, decision making time...

As much as I wanted to go get a brand new textbook, I couldn't as I did not bring enough money with me...
In fact, my lunch money was already used up when buying the maths notes...
So I hesitated and complained to YH that I don't have enough money to buy...
In which he immediately whipped out his wallet, opened it and show me $40...
I was stunned...
Here he was, sitting there, and telling me that I can borrow money from him to go get that textbook...
It was $40...
Not a small amount...
And we only knew each other for barely more than a week...
Oh My God!!! Thank You YH!!! I am Very Very Grateful!!!!!
So armed with the money, and some of dinner money, I managed to buy my physics textbook!!!
Yeah!!!!!

But then, that physics textbook must have weigh 10kg...

Wah, it was so heavy, I nearly sprained my wrist when I tried to carry it with one hand...
But than, after a few minutes of watching me struggling up the stairs with that textbook, YH came to my rescue again!!!
He offered to help me carry it!!!
And he even have his own equally heavy physics textbook in his slingbag as well...
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you for saving my life, becos I valued my hand very much, it is my life...My Knight...errrmm.. Wizard in Shining Robe...

All of us, me YH WeiB YH's friend, went back to YIH again becos the two of them haven't bought their maths notes yet...
They had their lunch there, in which YH and his friend went home while I accompanied WeiB to go get his laptop at Multi-Purpose Sports Hall (MPSH)...
And my wonderful "Brother" offered to carry my heavy textbook for me!!!
Wah, so nice!!!
Now I see the wonders of being a female in a male-dominated Engineer Faculty...

But I can only accompanied him for a while becos it's almost time for me to go meet up my Namji people...
So I have to carry that Heavy Physics Textbook all by myself...
All the way from MPSH to YIH to Central library...
Up and down the bloody stairs...
Walking all the way...
Was sweating like hell when I reached Central Library...
In case you were wondering how far I have walked...
Here's a guide...
The red route is me and MH and YS from LT7A to central library...
The green route is us three going to YIH...

Purple route is us plus WeiB going back, but via bus instead, oops draw wrongly...

Blue route is me and WeiB plus YH and his friend walking to YIH again, den stopped for lunch before me and WeiB proceed to MPSH which is out if the map...

Then lastly, the light blue route is poor me walking all by myself from MPSH all the way to Central Library before going to Arts Canteen, also out of the map...


See how big NUS is?? We covered only 1/4 of it!!!


Then the problem starts...
Where the hell was that Arts Canteen??
As far as I know, judging from the vague description by WeiB and YS when I asked them, Arts Canteen was somewhere... Somewhere...
In other words, I was lost...

Damn it, so I sat down and began sending out SOS signals...
To ZW, YB, and even WeiB and YH...
Thank goodness WeiB saved me by calling me and telling me a step-by-step instruction on How To Get To The Arts Canteen...

Reached there 30 minutes late...
Wah, quite a number of Namji people were there...
Me, Zw, YL, AM, YT, WY, JuH, XJ, JiH, YB...
And a few more seniors too...
We chat crap chat joke, but were separate as well...
Mainly girls with girls and guys with guys...
Sigh... Cannot mixed well until now...

Then when it was time for my last lecture of the day...
The freshie engin people leave together...
Namely me, YB, JiH, WY, JuH...
Remember that I have said earlier about the wonders of being a female in a male-dominated Engineer Faculty??
Errmm... I take that back...
It should be "The wonders of being a female in male-dominated Engin Fac only when you meet the correct guys"...
Cos on the way back to engin fac...
I was lugging that very very heavy textbook all by myself...
Four guys were walking so fast in front of me...
None of them volunteered of even noticed me...
It was only after a very very long time later, when JiH see me panting heavily...
Guess what he had said??

"Eh, YB, why you didn't help her to take??"

Ya, right what about you then??

-_____-|||

What ever happened to Chivalry??

(>.<;)

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DTV project launched
Posting comments on eSN Insider is easy, and can be done with complete anonymity.
What's up!?! you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a battle hip hop rap site/blog. It pretty much covers battle hip hop rap related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home