Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ouch!!!

Oh damn oh damn I just burnt my hand!!!

It happened this morning...
I was toasting the bread in the oven for breakfast...
The first one was ready and I have taken it out without a glitch...

But as I put in the second bread and withdrew my hand, I accidently touch the top part of the oven...

It was hot!!! It was burning!!!
Hot hot hot!!!

OWWWWWW!!!!!

Instinctly, one milli-second after my skin on my hand make contact with the hot oven, it auto-pull back away from it and landed onto my clothes...
Meaning I rubbed my hand onto my clothes la...

Then, a split second later, I remembered that YB had a similar incident and he also rubbed his hands onto it clothes before his whole patch of skin comes off...

I panicked, oh damn, why do I always have this habit of remembering all those advices/formulas/important/useful stuff AFTER the incident happens...

Connection too slow, must upgrade the speed of my brain...

The skin hurts, I quickly ran to the tap to run my hand under the painful area...
My mom advice me to coat toothpaste over it as it was cooling and will help to lessen the pain...
I did exactly that, but somehow, the pain did not go away...

Still very much painful leh, the toothpaste method confirm work anot??

It was only some time later when I realised why that toothpaste method "does not work"...

Cos in my haste and in the darkness of the bathroom, I put the toothpaste onto the wrong, non-scalded area on my hand...

WTF!!!

My mom laugh like crazy and says something like "Thank goodness you did not work as a nurse or doctor, later inject needles wrongly into patients...."

-_-;

Well, I quickly apply the toothpaste onto the correct area under the bright lights and careful scrutiny...
And hey, it does work, the pain sort of lessens!!!

Now I just have a red, sore and tender spot on my hand, but the skin didn't drop off...

I must thank my lucky stars...

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jelmer said...

haha... think that 'rubbing' wont cuz ur skin to go off one... the point of contact was quite small rite?

Mine was like the whole patch got cooked already, tt's why easy to get rub off..

Haha...

Anyway, take care! LOlz

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger averii said...

Haha... Thanks for your concern...

My hand is okie now, though it feels a little tender and hurts if you press it, and looks kinda dead...

Aiyo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home