Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lab once again!!!

This time, I'm doing C3, where there are two parts to the experiment...

Guess what, one of them is call Oxygen BOMB Calorimetry...

Bomb leh!!!

Da BOMB wor!!!


I'm paired up with the same lab partner as the last one...

Yesh, it's the Friendly Lab Partner, not the Nerdy one...
Heng heng, I think the Nerdy Lab Partner really cannot tahan me liao...
Likewise... Likewise...

Anyway, lab was fun as usual becos I keep on chatting and crapping with that Friendly Lab Partner...

FLP: Where do you want to sit??

Me: Anything thing lar... You go in first lar...

FLP: Ya, ya... Sit inside more dangerous right...

Me: Ya, becos the bomb is inside, you cannot escape!!! Hahahahaaa...

When the time comes for us to ignite da Bomb, the two of us look at each other...

Me: You do it, cos you nearer...

FLP: Alright, I do it arh... *Looks at the ignition button*

Me: Wait, wait... I take cover first...

*FLP slowly reaches out a finger and hover over the ignition button*

*FLP slightly turned his body facing the escape route, his position poised for running*

*FLP presses the button*

*The lamp light up*

*Silence-----*

Me: Eh why no sound one??

FLP: Press again??

*Press the button*

*No light*

Me and FLP: Like that only arh?? Chey~~~


Really anti-climax leh...

I half expected a "BOMB!!!!!" sound coming out fron the chamber, or at least a muffled version ("Bomff...")...


When the practical part was over...
It's time for the dreaded LAB REPORT!!!

Hate them hate them hate them...

Especially those discussion questions...
Somehow, I can never find the answer I needed on the internet!!!
Being searching for nearly 2 hours liao, gave up and decided to crap my own...
My time is too precious to be wasted on stupid labs...

e.g:

2) Discuss the implications of (a) a low oxygen charging pressure (below 30 atm), (b) excessive fuel sample, and (c) if the bomb was pressurized with air at 30 atm.

My Crap answer:

1(a) If there is a low oxygen charging pressure, there may not be enough oxygen for the fuel to consume and may result in an incomplete combustion.

(b) Too much fuel sample may result in incomplete combustion and the risk of explosion is higher.

(c) The air only contains 20% of oxygen, which may not be enough for the fuel to react, thus resulting in incomplete combustion.

Haha don't laugh, I running out of ideas liao...

e.g:

3) For very high precision work, discuss the major corrections that have to be applied to the calorimetric procedure and included in the calculation of the calorific value.

My Crap answer:

3) The calculations are precise enough.

Just kidding...


The heck lar, I'm too tired to care about my labs liao when the stupid term paper deadline keeps coming nearer...

Feel like curling up in bed and sleeping all day...

8 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger averii said...

I think I saw a lot of things in Friendster...

Hahahahahahhaaaaa...

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger averii said...

Errm... By the way...

You-Know-Who-You-Are, please do not say anything out about What We Did Today While Pretending To Do Other Things...

It's supposed to be a Secret!!!

And You are not supposed to reply to this thread in Your Name...

Don't be Blur arh... I hinted to you already...

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Xiaostar said...

Can I guess something~???

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger averii said...

Nonononononononononononononononononononoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok.. Must thank me for teaching you The Skill man..

Don't tell me xiaostar know something??

whispers softly to averii: No wonder that day i thought i saw something moving behind the pillar ...

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger averii said...

Nope she don't, and oei, you so obvious neh...

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? Obvious meh???

HahaZ~!!!

I didn't say i'm xiaostar wad..

*faint*

=X

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger averii said...

Oei... Why did you say out your name!!! Sian~~~~

Errm... I think no one reads this comment post liao... Hahahahhaaaa...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home