Monday, September 25, 2006

Breakaway...

Sometimes I hate being a female...

Just because I'm physically weaker...
Just because a girl is said to be "ruined" when raped...

I Cannot do alot of things!!!

My parents are super-protective of me...
It's good in a way that they really cared about me and my safety...
But it also means that I rarely have the freedom which so many other guys (and some girls too) enjoyed...

For example...

Many of my friends can stay up till very late when going out...
They can stayed till 2am, 3am etc... Especially the guys!!!
Their parents don't mind one...

But for me... I have to reach home before 12am...
In JC it was before 9pm lor... So I guess this is a great improvement...

The only time where I can stay real late... Was during sleepover...
Because I'm confine in a house...


Next example...

I wanna go backpacking...

But it was a Straight "NO" from my parents...
They even say that if it was my brother, they most probably will allow...
!!!
Gender discrimination!!!

Fine... Don't let me go overseas huh?!
I shall backpack in Singapore!!!
Who's with me?!?!


Sigh...
Sometimes I wonder...
Could it be my attitude??
Maybe because I look and behave child-like, which is why they do not allow me such things??

Cos to some strangers who do not know me...
Whenever they talk to me, and if the topic comes to age or schools and all those...
They will say one of the followings:

1) Eh, which secondary do you come from??
2) You are in first year in poly right??
3) Your younger brother in Sec 4... So you Must be in JC!!!
4) Xiao mei mei!!! Nian ji zhe mo xiao na ni ke yi zhe yang!!! (little girl, you are so young cannot like that!!!)
5) I'm sorry, but this movie is NC16...

Okie, for the last point, I'm crapping lar...
But the first 4 are true... All ask me on either last year or this year...

Initially it was the "which secondary school" type...
Meaning I look 16 year and below...
So after I got rid of my stupid thick fringe and stopped tying up my hair...
It changed to "you are year 1 in poly/jc right??" type...
So I look 17 liao...

Me at 19...


Me at 20...

Erruugghhh...

Gah!!! I think I must start wearing my mom's clothes...
And tie my hair up into a tight bun without any fringe at all!!!
Let's see who will call me little girl liao...

...Think they will call me Auntie instead...


So... How shall I go about making myself to look my age??
Or if I look like a guy, would I have more freedom instead??

(In any case any one of you didn't know, and thought I was a 16 year old girl... Screw you, paedophile... I am 20 liao!!!)


Solution #1
Look more mature...

1) Stop wearing glasses... Apparently, everytime people mistake me 3 years younger than my age was when I'm wearing my glasses... Either that or wear a more mature one with frame that is not the shiny purple I'm wearing now...

2) Wear a long skirt... Because everytime people mistake me as a young girl was when I'm wearing shorts or jeans... Throw in a high neck shirt...

3) Tie my hair up into a very tight bun...

4) No More Fringe...

5) Stop smiling that cheeky wide smile of mine... Instead, adopt a stern purse lips smile...

6) Stop making sound effects... In fact, the only sound effect I will only make is "tsk tsk" or "shhhhh!!!"

7) Stop making big dramatic actions... (i.e: waving my hands for no good reason and accidently hitting other people...) Instead, I shall clasped my hands together in a very stress manner...

8) Walk around with a very stiff back...

And if I do all of the following... I would look like this!!!


Looks so mature right!!!


Solution #2
Look like a guy...

1) Cut my hair real short... On second thought, I might as well go Botak... Save on shampoo and time to style my hair... Can experience what guys going to NS feels...

2) Wear baggy jeans... Baggy bermudas... Baggy shirts...

3) Hunch... Looks flatter... (Although it is already flat enough... -_-;)

4) Wear a permanent scowl on my face...

5) Use Mom's eyebrown pencil to make my eyebrowns look bushier... Add in some stubble on my chin and a moustache above my mouth...

6) Scream at my brother everyday and eat lotsa hot and spicy food without drinking water to get a sore throat...

7) Learn to smile lopsidedly... Cos guys dunno how to smile properly one...

8) Always look at people with half closed eyes...

This is what I would like...


Wah... All look so freaking ugly one... Damn...


Actually... With me acting like this all the time... No wonder so many people still treat me like a kid...


Sob... Sob... Must stop all my antics liao...


Since Milo Truck won't come for me... I shall make my own milo!!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger averii said...

The weather is so hot!!! The weather is so hot!!! The weather is so hot!!!

Maybe botak is not such a bad idea after all...

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Jelmer said...

Ha actually i always think guys are allowed to stay late also partly cuz of NS. Yes, cuz of NS, parents are already used to us not coming home to sleep... So naturally, it is alright to stay til late... Ha

Hmmm, u actually wan to look old? Haha... when u get older, u will wan to look young... Lol..

Wait til u r 21 yrs old bah... maybe have more freedom. No?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger averii said...

21 years... 20 years...

What is the difference??

One year!!!

I doubt I would have more freedom by then...

The only way to force them to free me a little bit, is to push the boundaries...

And I'm pushing... And pushing...
Being pushing since I was 12...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger tstar said...

it's kinda like that for me too...guess coz i'm a girl and i'm really quite naive. i enjoy the protection, but sometimes, just sometimes i wish for a little more freedom... but i tink i'm getting quite enough now, well, it's the amount that i like lahz. haha...
yeah, sometimes I'd wish that I was a guy instead.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger averii said...

Hahaha...
At least you got the amount you like...
I don't... I crave for more...

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

politically correct answer: treasure the protection and care from your parents.

practical answer: more freedom!

don't complain lor, I sleep at 9:30 and wake up at 5:30! =P

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger averii said...

Wah... And you still tahan it??

Okie... I guess as the saying goes:

"There are many others better/worse off then you"

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't continue fighting for more freedom...

I shall drink redbull... For redbull give you wings!!! And I need wings to fly to my freedom...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home