Friday, August 19, 2005

Half Day at the Carnival at Marina South...

On 13th of August, I went with my friends to the Carnival at Marina South!!!
To be more precise, we went to the army's open house lar, instead of the entire carnival...
Cos I'm only interested in that section more than anything else...

Why am I so interested??
Could it be that I am very impessed by all those Big Dangerous-Looking Machines and Vehicles??
Or that I loved to take those rides on those Big and Dangerous-Looking Vehicle which they opened to public??
Maybe it is becos I am very curious and interested in all the army stuff and that I wanna sign on??
Or just cut it straight, I just wanna see the hunks in uniform??

Eh...
The correct answer would be "All of the above minus the sign on part"...
Ok, lar, to be even more accurate...
40% of the reason why I want to go there is to see the guys...
30% to take on the rides...
20% to see the Big Dangerous-Looking Stuff...
10% to see the rest...

Cos I have went to the same army open house last year too...
So I already know what is is like...
But then, nothing beats seeing guys in uniform...
They can transform a geeky guy to a macho hero...
Hahahahaha, sounds very airhead right??
Can't help it lar, I got a thing for guys in uniform...
They are oooohhhhh...
XD *squeals excitedly*
Xd *licks lips*
XD *crackled evilly* Muwhahahahahahahahahaha...

YZ, pay attention liao mah??

Teeheeheehee...

So on that day, I went to the open house very excitedly...
And I was not disappointed...
Wow... Scores of guys in uniform!!!

Tall
Dark
Lean
Muscular
With sweat glistening on their... Faces and arms only... The rest cannot see...
But then, they can get pretty smelly too...

My gang only me, ZW, Hy, YL, MF and DR turn up...
And out of these, YL and DR came very very late...
And that ZW and YL wore skirts!!!!!
Where got people go carnival/open house/outside in open area wear skirts one!!??
Then you know what they tell me??
"Eh?? Got Carnival/open house meh?? I thought we go here see fireworks??"

-_-

I'm speechless...

Arrgghhh... So in the end, only me and MF very enthusiatic about the open house...
We went to queue up for about one hour just to go on that Adventure Ride!!!
It was a very hot day, and kind of humid, yet we stayed on!!!
All for that ride!!!
When our turn finally came, the guy in charge of the queue dragged his feet towards us...
And croaked out the words... No, he practically whispered...

"four?"

Poor thing, I sympathise you...
Cos they have to stand in the sun from morning to evening, for about 6 to 7 days there...

Back to the ride...
It was FUN!!! EXCITING!!! WORTH THE WAIT!!!
I loved it!!!
The guy taking us very pro, according to MF, he single-handedly drove that monster truck!!!
Very bumpy, very fast, many sharp turns, nearly flew out of my seat, very muddly, very exciting...
I nearly burst out laughing on many occasions, but decided not to scare the driver, lest he lose concentration and we overturned and fell into the muddly ground...
But right after the ride, I just let it all out...
"Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Eh, MF are you still alive??"

I got specks of mud on my clothes, face and hands (cos that guy didn't fastened my seatbelts tight enough, I have to grab it to save my life), and especially my sandals!!!
But thankfully, they provided tissues...
But then, I couldn't find any toilets with a washing area (they are all make-shifts toilets), hence I errm... Didn't washed my hands...
And with my muddied hands, I touched... Many things...
Including my friends... Whoops...
Hope they don't read this!!! Heeheehee...

After that exhilarating ride, me and MF still wanted to go and examine the rest of the displays...
But, to my dismay, HY, ZW, and YL just wanna go back to suntec and... Eat??
Nooo... How could they do this to me??
I hate it when people pang seh me!!!

My mood(initially) = (^o^)

My Mood(final) = (-__-;)

I no longer springs when I walked...

Then as soon as DR told YL about the freebies inside, you can practically see her eyes GloW...
And all of them went in with us...
Just for the freebies...
*bish*

But harhar, it was very late already, so not many freebies around...
In the end, they only accompanied us long enough for MF and DR to go and play some shooting games together...
After that, they left and told us that they will be waiting for us... Somewhere for dinner...
So poor me and MF and a forced DR continued our exploration...

On a lighter note...
Something funny happened to all of us before we went inside to view the exhibits...
We saw JH!!! Our secondary school classmate...
Wah, suddenly see him so grown up, a bit hard to digest...
Cos I remembered back in sec 1 and 2 (same class), he was very short, shorter then me...
Then now he just shoots up, dunno whether he has won me in height anot...
Cos he wearing army boots wad... Cannot compare right...

Ok, that is not the funny part...
Here it is, at the bus-stop outside the opening for us to go into the carnival, we saw a Swamp Thing...
Tall, green, full of unidentified greener stuff on it, two legs, wearing boots and carrying a gun...
Alright lar, it is just an unfortunate army soul who suay suay get choosen to wear the camouflage...
But he sure damn looked like a real Swamp Thing...
In fact, he looked so real, he scared MF and YL...
Hahahahahaha...
We took a picture with him...
Poor thing, gotta shuffle around in that winter suit, posing for the cameras with kids and fascinated bo-liao people like us...
It is amazing that he did not get heatstroke in this weather...
What's with all the talk about welfare huh?? Army huh??

Anyway...
Something very very very very very eye-popping happened as well...
Not to me, but I just happened to witness it...
Picture this :
MF and DR playing around with the guns on display...
MF started to straightened herself (she was sort of bending down) and at the same time DR did the same thing too...
Then ponked!!! Both of them hit their heads together...
Wait wait wait, nothing extraordinary right??
But then, DR has his head turned sideways as he was rising...
And he was facing MF...
So two heads together, with one facing the other, and from my point of view, what does this looks like??


See for yourself...

Hahahaha... I'm so mean...

Then after looking at all those displays, we went to meet up with the rest of the gang again, for dinner at Fish & Co.!!!

Mmmmmmm... Heavenly... I loved their mussels in garlic-butter sauce!!! Loved it loved it!!! And their smoked salmon in the same sauce very very delicious as well!!! Oh man...

Total Bill = $125.10

Bloody expensive, but worth it... Especially the mussels!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home