Thursday, May 25, 2006

Working... And Getting sleepier...

Work work work...

That what I do all day long...

But some how, I got this feeling that they got nothing for me to do, and now they are just finding some "shitty" work (as quoted by my friend) to take up my time...

After the namecards, some guy ask me to do tags/paper divider...
And after that, was going through the Huge boxes filled to the brim with many ancient things and sorting them into different catergories...
Mind you, those boxes were not light...
I found many useless things inside too...
Like a Tie (as in, real Tie, those you wear with your shirt, pretty ugly too...)... And a charger...
Oh ya, and one Cockroach...

A Cockroach!!!

There I was, nonchalantly opening the second last box, only to find that stupid ugly huge thing sitting there happily, twiddling its feelers...
I was stunned...
Looking around at the office (belong to da boss, or one of the in charges anyway) I took what seemed like a piece of hard paper, aimed, and slammed it onto the cockroach...

Ya, and at the same time squeezing my eyes shut and turning my head away...
When I open my eyes, the cockroach was gone!!! Wheee!!!

Obviously it has gotten away lar...

So I continue to sort out the boxes and found that cockroach several minutes later...
And this time, I took aim and Whack it with my eyes open...

*PIAK*

The cockroach ran away to behind and then to below the many heavy boxes lying on the floor...
Darn... Clever insect, I couldn't reached it...

Hmmm... Think I forgot to tell my boss that there's a cockroach in his office...
Hope he ain't scared of them...

So yesterday, I demand... I mean I asked him whether there are any more things for me to do...
So he sat there, scratching his head, before his eyes fell onto the namecards and light up...

"There!!!" he proclaimed happily... "You can do these namecards!!!"

So back to square one, I'm still doing those damn namecards...

My poor terrible eyes...
It is bad enough looking at computer for nearly 8 hours everyday...
But it is even worse if you have to squinted your eyes to peer at the nearly unrecognisable words on those old and ob-biang namecards...
I need a magnifying glass!!!
And some of those namecards are really ridiculous...
Whoever heard of "Pontianak Office"???
And the words... Super Small... So Small that even the cardreader cannot read it!!!

It is also Super Boring...
And very sleepy...
In fact I nearly fell asleep a few times!!!
My left hand was holding the namecard, while the right one was handling the mouse...
And my eyelids just felt heavier and heavier...
The namecard dropped to the floor a few times, and that was what had jolted me awake...
Not a very good impression if you fall asleep at work...

For this time, I really took my time in reading and inputing data for the namecards...
Cos I was sort of buying time for my boss to think of new things for me to do, so that I can stop bothering him...

Now that I'm done with the namecards, what is he going to give me next???

Not another tags-sort-boxes-namecards routine I hope...

ZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzz

3 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now waiting for results, nth to do. so shun bian view ur blogs. ahahaha... this cockroach post is so funny sia!! i truly understand ur feelings, since i've got plenty of such experience myself. =X hey, my job's pretty boring too. like urs ar.. hv to pack boxes of files n stuff.... AARRRGGHHH... 1 more min n i'll noe my results!!! wish me luck!!=)

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyhey~!! haha i know this type of job is boring.haha mine also not that good! anw is only a temp job!! so dun think so much abt it. it will soon be over. haha if u are tired or slpy, u can try thinking abt ME!! haha.. *blush*

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger averii said...

We will suffer tgt!!!

*Drumrolls*

Yeah, hey take radio/music the next time... That is more effective than ermmm thinking of a certain thick-skin person....

Heeheehee...

Want catch dinner after work one of these days??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home