Saturday, August 20, 2005

Me at Marina South Again!!!

The very next day after my trip to the army open house carnival,14th August, I went back again...
This time with YZ in tow...
Cos for this year national day, I did not get to catch any fireworks at all...
So I was very disappointed...
But my dear YZ came and lifted my blues!!!
Cos he told me that they are going to shoot fireworks on the last day of the carnival!!!

Yeah!!!!!!

Our initial plan...
Catch the 3.40pm movie "Seven Swords" at Suntec City...
After that, go for a quick dinner, or takeaway some food to go Marina to catch the fireworks!!!
A nice plan...
Except for one glitch...

I was... errrm... Late...
Eh, so when we arrived at Suntec City, we have just missed the time slot...
And the next time slot was too late...
So we decided to just walk around for a while before going straight to the carnival itself...

But YZ was a bit reluctant...
Why?? Becos he has just spent about 6 days at the same carnival, being the crowd controller and stuff...
So he sort of know the whole carnival inside out...
Well, oh goody goody, I got a Tourguide!!! Heeheheheheh...

We walk walk walk...
Looked at several displays etc...
Walk walk walk some more...
(Whenever I went out with him, I always end up walking a lot... Hmmm... Good form of excerise...)
Finally, stomach complain...
Go buy chicken rice!!!
YZ kena psycho by me to eat chicken rice again... (cos he has been eating chicken rice for 3 times straight...)
While we were queueing and buying our food...
We heard something alarming...

*BOOOOM*
*BAAANG*
*BBBBOOOOMMMMBBBB*

I was so shocked that I nearly jumped!!!

What?? Wad?? Wah?? WHAT WAS THAT???!?!?!?!

After a few seconds of deep consideration, we realised that it was a performance by the army inside the mini padang!!!
Wah, sounds so exciting!!!
So we quickly finished buying our food, ran out from the hawker centre, cross the road, dashed to the entrance, only to find it blocked by some army guys...
Hey, lemme in!!!
"Entrance at the other side lar!!!"
Oh...

We rushed to the real entrance...
But alas, there were hordes of people there too...
Blocked again...
But slowly and steadily, we made our way in...
Only to realise that the whole show was over...
CHEY!!!
Make me rushed like siao!!!

But never mind, cos after the whole show, there was time for the audience to come forward to see/play/touch the displays...
Meaning lotsa empty seats left behind!!!
So we happily went and "chop" the seats...
Now we just need to wait one hour before the fireworks starts...
-___-"

Finally at 8pm, our long wait was over...
Fireworks galore!!!Nice Nice Nice!!!
Very Beautiful!!!
XD

(p/s: These photos were from someone else... I don't even own a camera... And don't asked me who, I don't even know)

I loved the green ones which splits up when it went high up enough...
But unfortunately, many low-ends fireworks got obstructed by the trees in the distance...
Cos the fireworks were being set off near the river of some sorts, and it was hidden by the tall trees...
So cannot see alot...
But never mind, cos the ones which reached high enough were usually the best!!!
The last one was a real winner!!!
It was like a gold dust sprinkling down on us...
Very mesmerising...

Me and YZ cuddled together while we watched the entire show...
Very romantic...
I like!!!

Hope to catch it again next year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home