Sunday, September 18, 2005

Girls!!! Be more Daring!!!

In the matters concerning boy-girl relationships...
Many people, especially the girls, think that the guys MUST always take the initiative...

Wrong!!!
It is Guys SHOULD take the initiative, but it is Not a must...
21st Century...
Girls have every right to go and get what they want, rather then wait for their prince charming...
Cos chances are... Your prince charming is pretty shy nowadays, and wouldn't come till you go looking for it...
Don't leave matters to fate...
And please don't always assumed the guy that you are interested in will approach you unless you want to wait till you're 40+ etc...

I've asked a few of my friends before, "Will you ever take the initiative to go and chase after guys, or at the very least, try your darnest best to get close to them??"

Majority says
"NO!!! Of course not!!! How dare you even suggested such a thing!!!"
*faints in shock*

Kidding lar...

Well, according to Ah-Tan's Statistics and Data Research Organisation, approximately 80% of the girls' population would never ever take the initiative, with plus-minus 10% uncertainty...
Ok lar, it's not so accurate, cos it consisted of only 10 of my friends, including myself...

So far, the most initiative girl, in that group being surveyed is..... (Make a quick guess)
Me and ZW!!!
Tied!!!
Hahaha... Don't looked too shocked, cos 80% of the girls will not take any forms of obvious action towards the guys they like... (Well... There's still this 10% uncertainty...)
So that's makes it 2 girls out of the 10...
Me and ZW lor...

Some of my friendS are really really really shy...
That's friendS, pural, I'm not singling out any one of them...
When they see their crush coming, they will SIAM, i.e. run away or try to avoid him as much as possible...
Or they will just hide behind a pillar/tree/dustbin/me and looked wistfully from the distance at their Romeo...
The more daring ones will want to have a closer look, but still haven't master up the courage of talking to that special guy...
Or they will only talk very little... e.g: "Hi", "Bye", "Hello" etc.
(There are exceptions of course... A couple of my friends will flash their charms around and just wait for that guy to go up to them, very confident... May not worked all the time though...)

Well... I use to be like that in the past...
When I like a guy, I will be very very very shy around him...
Even if I'm on talking terms, I will still sometimes stammer or become tongue-tied...
In fact, many people seemed to be surprise when I told them that I had my first boyfriend only late last year, after 'A' levels...
They will go "Huh?! REally meh?? Aiyo I thought you looked like the kind who has a lot of boyfriends liao..."
Errm... Am I supposed to be flattered??
Ok, I shall be flattered... Yeah, so I looked very popular ar?! Hahahahaha...

Well, I'm tired of being so so shy... (around most guys, except for a few good friends...)
So I decided to be more errmm... Daring?!?!
In JC, I became friends with almost the entire guys in my class, in fact I hang out with them...
Thus, I've learned not to be shy around guys any more!!!
Thank goodness, for in Engin Fac, 80% are guys...
And if I'm still hesitant around guys, I will probably be very anti-social by now...

Anyway...
Back to Topic...
For some girls who are still shy out there...
If you are Not the type who will very openly go up and ask the guy straight to go on a date with you (not me too!!!),
Here's something suitable for you...


Some Tips Last Minute Thought Up By Me

1) Take the Initiative to Talk to Him

If you want to, practice talking with other guys first, so that you will not feel so uncomfortable with Him later...
And it will be really really smart if you can tackle His friends first...
Then if you are good friends with His good friends, then all the more you can hang out with him!!!
In the beginning you may feel awkward, but don't worry, you will get the hang of it...
But be careful into saying the wrong things and making Him hate you, thus guaranteed near-zero chances with Him again...

2) Be His Good Friend
So even if it doesn't work out, if you did not succeed, or you found out that He wasn't for you,
you will have a friend at the very least...
If you are His good friend, you will find out more about His personality, His traits and especially His negative features...
So take off those rose-tinted glasses you have on...
Take a good look at His personality, especially His flaws...
You can't like a person based on their looks or just on their good points alone...
You have to figure out whether He is suitable for you, whether you can tolerate His flaws and all...

3) Be Confident
Ya sure, you may think that you are fugly/short/fat/pimply/stupid/boring/etc...
But you are who you make out to be...
You may think that you are not good enough, but that is only your opinion...
He may not think so, others may not too...
So why should you looked down on yourself??
Have faith in yourself...
You will have somethings which others don't...
Go and Unearth it...
And let that something special about you shine through...

4) Dazzle Him with your Charms!!!
Show off all that you got, but not too much at the same time...
Overdosage can kill, so says the instruction on my cough medicine...
Rather, you should charm Him slowly, bit by bit...
Let Him Discover you...

4) Drop Him Hints...
And by that I mean BIG and Freaking Obvious hints...
Now that you are at the stage where everything's comfortable, and your charming radar is on High mode...
Try and give Him some signs that you are interested in Him...
And if you are quite sure that He's onto you as well, but you still do not have the guts to tell Him your feelings, the hints you give shall be very very clear and as unsubtle as possible...
(Did I mentioned that Some guys can be pretty dumb when it comes to decoding such things, so please try to make it as simple and obvious as possible)
But if He still doesn't get it after countless attempts, forget it, either tell him straight (don't waste any more precious time) or ditch him... Dumb guys do not make good partners...

5) Asked Him Out
This is for those who have become more bold...
Or for the impatient...
If He hasn't asked you out, despite your numerous hints, either He's not into you, or He's bloody shy...
But if you are certain that His Lack of Action is not due to Lack of Interest, then by all means, get Him out of His comfort zone and out with you...
Try these methods, but be warned, they are not guaranteed to work 100%:

(a) Asked Him to go to an exhibition/places of interest/somewhere which you desperately (or so you say) wanted to go but "unfortunately", none of your friends are free and thus you want Him to accompany you...
Say something like, "I wanna go to that ________, but aiyah *sigh* my friend don't want to go leh... Today last day liao, if I don't go, I may not have the chance for the next 10 years... But I don't like to go alone~~~ *pityful voice* " and prayed that he will be nice enough to volunteer to go with you...
Or you can try this more direct one, "Eh, got that ________ leh... You want go?? Go lar, very fun one!!!"...

(b) You need to run an emergency errand, but you will need his help since he know where to go/how to do it/try to think of something...
Say "Oh no... I need to do _______ by midnight!!! Can you help me ________?? Later meet at ________ can??"
Afterwards, try "Thank you very much leh for helping me... I treat you to lunch, ok??"
Or "Now so early to go home, wanna watch that movie?? Very nice one!!! 4 stars!!!"

(c) You very bored...
Say "Eh, I'm bored, go ______ with me... You don't go, I don't friend you!!!"

(The last one was fake lar... If you really try that, the guy will get scared off liao lor... Try it on your Really Just Good Friends only...)

6) If All Else Fails
Get a new target...



Hope that it may be of some good use to ya...
Hahahahaha.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home