Sunday, August 27, 2006

Labs Should Be Outlawed

I just had my Lab experiment on Friday...
The C6 experiment for Me2113-2...

Location??
WS2-02-46...

The Hell it is even not on the Map!!!

I spent 30 minutes looking for that place...
For the last semester, I have a lab in the same building too, but the people were kind enough to put up notices to point us in the correct directions...
So you will have one notice that goes "EG1108 WS2-05- ...." and an arrow pointing...
Easy...

This Sem I tried, but did not see anything that resembles the said notice...
Wah, so what if I'm year two liao, doesn't mean I know this school like the back of my hand lor!!!

I came to the correct building but to the 5th floor...
"Never mind, just go down the flight of stairs!!!"
So I walked down the stairs to the second storey on to find a security door staring at me in the face...
WHAT??!!

I exit through another door and walk through what look like a Balcony??? and found a dead end...
Went back, look at the security door and gave up the thought of breaking into it...

I decided to employed my "survival skills" which I have kept hidden in me, which is to be unleashed when I am Lost...

The Best way to get Un-lost when you are lost, is to get to the ground floor and figure your way out...

Hey it works okay, cos when I arrived at the ground floor, I turned my head 48 degree and I saw the correct entrance some 50 miles away...
Perhaps it is my judgment skills... Or perhaps its my lucky day...
(or maybe its becos I saw people going through that place...)

Anyway, the hardest part was done, now here's the second hardest part...
Trying to get to the correct entrance...
The way NUS builds it Engin Fac is very strange...
We have one building which links its 7th floor to another building's 4th floor!!!
So when I saw the correct entrance on its ground floor, it is still one whole storey higher than the ground I am currently at...

No way I'm going to climb up that slope and railings, I'm not that desperate...
Besides, I can't climb, I'll probably fall and make it to the news...

"20-year old undergrad attempts sucide by jumping down from the ground floor... Her physics grades are to be revised..."

Never mind, got lift in another building besides me, shall take lift in this killer weather...
Ya, I was feeling rather triumph at the thought of finding the entrance that I forgot to press the button for the floor...
And went up to the 6th floor instead...
@%#&$@&

After that I abandoned the lift and took the stairs instead...
Took me a while to figure out which floor to alight, it is not the 2nd floor!!!
Along the way I pass a few guys...
I have a feeling they were looking for the same place as me...
Cos no one would come to this ulu place one...

Sure enough, at the correct entrance, after making yet another wrong turn, I saw the few guys again...
They just came out from another corner, which I assumed to be the wrong way, so I turned around and follow them instead...
After a few steps they meet another of their friend...

"Wah liao cannot find leh blah blah blah C6 blah blah blah"

So they are really looking for the same place as me!!!

They than saw my face, all hopeful looking, and asked "Eh, you also doing C6??"

YESH!!!

Together, we begin our mission of searching for the WS-02-46...
As I have said before, NUS likes to build Engin Fac in a weird way...
We are already on the second floor, and yet we couldn't find the exact location of our Lab...
We came to a lift and instantly, we were enlightened...

The sign read "M Storey"

M Storey??

M STOREY????!!!!!!!!!

So change in system liao issit???
Initially it was 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Now it is 1, M, 2, 3, 4, 5???

SIAO!!!

We finally found our lab area... All hot and sweaty...
We weren't the only one though, saw a few guys who were already in there all mopping their brows...

But alas, nearly all the tables were taken up by the rest of the lab people...
All guys, I'm the only girl... (-_-;)
Why did they all move so fast to chope the seats??
Left only one empty space...

And to my horror, I understood why it was empty...

It
Was
Next
To
A

Nerd!!!

Not just any nerd hor!!!
Not the cool nerd, not the friendly nerd, not the chatty nerd, and not even the cute nerd like my little squirrel...

It is a Concentrated Nerd...

By just looking at his looks and dressing, it clearly screams "Look at Me!!! I'm a Full-time Nerd!!! I score A and A+ all the time!!! The reason why you screw up you exam was because I just scored full-marks for it!!!"

And I predicted that he will be my lab partner for the day...

I was right...
Why?? Cos I was sitting next to him, that's why!!!
When our teacher in charge of this experiment told us to get into groups of three, he look at me and nodded...
That was how I became his lab partner...
Becos it was too rude to shake my head...
And my group only have two people cos there is only 11 people...

Damn, more workload...

The lab topic which I'm doing right now will only be covered in the later part of the lectures...
Meaning I will only learned about this topic ages later...
Then what is the purpose of this lab session when I don't even understand what is going on 3/4 of the time!!?!!!

In fact, I was so Dumb and Lost (throwing in the confusing accent of the teacher as well) that I was completely in a different World Dimension not long later...

One good thing came out of this whole shitty day...

My Lab Partner was Smart...

Told ya he's concentrated...

That's good, becos I keep on copying what's written on his paper as I could not keep up with the pace and asking stupid questions...

"Eh, what is this??"
"Oh, this stands for Diameter"
"Oh okay..." (why... why I so stupid...)

Okay, I change my view on him, he's the kind and patience nerd...
At least for now...
Until I managed to pissed him off with more stupid questions...

If he has a blog, he'll probably be writting:

"Dear Blog, today I meet a very dumb girl. She is my new lab partner. Haha, she very dumb, because she don't know that "D" stands for "Diameter"! Ha ha ha."

"But she whole head taller than me. Boo hoo hoo."

Okie, I have to stop being mean...

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Summergal said...

Wahahahhaha!!!

Maybe there's currently too many ppl doing well in engin liao? Thus they design ur fac in the form of a maze, so that only the best of the batch can make it to the labs and score the attendance points? =X

Ya lor, u too mean le lar.. C, he helped u in ur lab leh.. He's a friendly nerd oso rite? He even asked u for ur phone no. wor~ =X

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger averii said...

Opps... I forgot that Internet is a good tracking device...

Darn...

At least I didn't published his name...
Hahaha, because I didn't even know what is it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home