Monday, September 04, 2006

I hate Labs... But I hate Lab Reports even more!!!

Arg!!! Can't believe I'm doing my lab report now!!!
It is a Sundae!!!

Sundae = Rest dae

Damn, I guess I have no choice lar, since I squandered away my Fridae nights and Saturdae for Engin bash and RSAF Open House and Comex Fair...

(will blog about it soon... along with Engin O week, HY bdae, my Bdae, JX bdae blog as well...)
(huh?? why suddenly do many things to blog one?! >_<;)

Lab lab lab...

I have lab almost every week, and thus the reports will never stopped coming for me...
They have two differnt types of reports:
Formal Lab Report and Log Reports

Which are the same thing except that Formal Lab Report were given one week to be completed while Log Report have only a mere 24 hours...

The one I'm doing now is the Formal one...
Super... How should I say it??
Short??

Cos compared to the first experiment, the log report, which has over 10-20 pages, this one has a mere 4 pages!!!
When I first saw the lab manual, I was laughing in delight...
"Oh yeah, 4 pages!!! Must be easy one lar!!!"

Ya right...

Actually, it is right...
It is a whole lot easier to understand because there is nothing much for us to do actually...
But then, that is a problem...
Cos there is basically nothing to write...

I don't think the marker would appreciate a one page lab report...

So now in addition to the lab questions which I must answer, I have to think up on ways to lengthen my report!!!
Talk about extra work!!!

So instead of the usual I-see-question-I-answer method which I usually employed over my tutorials and exams, I shall for once, be very long-winded and act all smarty-pants by attempting to answer questions that weren't even in the question!!!

For example:
1) blah blah blah measure voltage gain at 1kHz and compare it with the predicted value.

My usual answer :
Predicted A = R2/R1 = 100k/10k = 10
Vo = 9.80V
Experiment A = Vo/Vi = 9.80/1.0 = 9.80
Experimental A is less than the predicted A. (They say compare, but they didn't ask why)

My lengthy answer:
A = gain of operational amplifier
R1 = inverting resistor
R2 = feedback resistor
Vo = output voltage
Vi = input voltage

Predicted A = R2/R1 = 100k/10k = 10
Vo = 9.80V
Experiment A = Vo/Vi = 9.80/1.0 = 9.80

The experimental gain is 9.80 while the predicted gain is 10. The reason why the experimental value is less than that calculated is because the Vi set in the signal generator keeps on fluctuating between 0.98V to 1.0V. Thus the Vo obtained would not be exactly the same as that calculated, and that will in turn affect the gain as well. But since the difference between the two gains is very little, it is still an accurate value.


Like that lor...
Abit long lar... But what to do??
Must increase grades!!!

Arggg I'm having a mental block right now...

Anyway, remember my lab partner??
Eh, I shall change his label abit...
So instead of the Concentrated Nerd...
He shall be Blur Nerd...

Cos he damn blur at times during the lab...
I was the one correcting him a few times...

Me: We have to connect this here like that... And like this...

Blur Nerd: Huh?? No, I thought is like this, not like that?? Because according to blah blah blah *quotes some chim stuff in the lecture notes*

Me: No lar... It's like that first, nor, you see the diagram, like that waddd...

Blur Nerd: *ponders*

Me: Eh, we are doing question 4 now, not question 3 leh...

Blur Nerd: Oh ya hor!!! Oh ya correct, it is like that...

Buwhahahaha...
Guess I'm not too dumb after all...

Hey, wait a minute...
Does this makes me a nerd as well??
Noooooooo!!!

-_-;
Will try to blog later lar... If possible...
I'm addicted to blogging lor...

6 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

you should feel lucky your lab is on friday, what about us poor things whose lab is on weekdays, then log report has to be submitted the next day??

And it is funny to see you blog about lab, cos the order of your experiments is the same as mine! (which means i'm doing the same experiment as you but earlier in the week)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Xiaostar said...

Hey~!!! Do the both of you know each other~???

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i'm addicted to blogging too!! Think i've to quit tis bad habit sia... lol...

Anw, just wanna comment....

"Hey, wait a minute...
Does this makes me a nerd as well??"

*nod head* Now den u noe??
Wahahahhaha.........

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

xiaoster: I don't think I know averii personally. =)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Xiaostar said...

siu hang: HahaZ you know all the engin people huh...before this was jenny...sean...now averii...so who's next~???

AND...you spelt my nick wrongly~ *faint*

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger averii said...

Siao Star says: "Hey~!!! Do the both of you know each other~???"

Err... Oei Siao Star, Hey~!!! Do the both of you know each other~ Too???

Actually I'm not surprise, you seemed to know more Engin people than me, even though I'm the one in Engin!!!
Eh, Arts so few guys meh??
Buwhahahahahaaa... XD


Anyway to Siu Hang: having a lab on a weekday is not bad too... At least you wouldn't have to burn the weekend writing it... ;-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home